Electrolux Boosts Australia Factory Safety
Jan 31, 2005
 Print this page

White goods manufacturer Electrolux says its factory in Orange, Australia is safer as a result of changes made after an accident last year.

WorkCover ordered the company to improve its safety procedures when a worker's hand was crushed between metal rollers in November.

The safety regulator says it has finalized its investigations and is satisfied the procedure involved no longer poses a risk to workers.

Electrolux general manager Scott Ostini says he has made changes factory-wide.

"We've gone right through the factory where we do have operators in contact with machines," he said.

"We've now put work instructions in place for a lot of those processes and we've ensured that the operators have had formal, documented training." (Australian Broadcasting Corporation Online)

Back to Breaking News