Eureka Unveils New Branding and Marketing Initiatives
Sep 30, 2003
| Print this page
Floor care appliance maker Eureka announced that it is reinvigorating its consumer marketing in a big way, launching a new brand positioning and advertising campaign, along with merchandising materials, all designed to convey the brand’s new marketing tagline: "Eureka – We Live and Breathe Clean."
"Eureka understands and appreciates the needs of even the most demanding consumers," said Fred Geyer, senior vice president of Marketing for Eureka. "Our new branding campaign helps to reinforce the idea that Eureka offers customized cleaning solutions that clean the way our consumers want to clean, and makes innovative, easy-to-use dust removal/cleaning tools that make their ideal of clean a reality."
According to Mr. Geyer, the new brand positioning is the derivative of extensive consumer research conducted by Eureka in an effort to gain an in-depth understanding of consumer needs. This research inspired the brand’s new consumer focus and has guided everything from product development to marketing and merchandising.
From a marketing standpoint, the company has created a new advertising campaign, which will include television commercials and print ads in consumer publications. Scheduled to launch this fall, the campaign humorously portrays Eureka.
A new retail merchandising strategy also is being unveiled by Eureka to help educate and guide consumers at the point of purchase. Innovative visual merchandising allows shoppers to see the full range of Eureka products all in one place. It also focuses on making the vacuum shopping experience as easy as possible with signage and materials designed to help consumers find the right vacuum for their individual cleaning needs.
"Our research has shown that consumers are very dissatisfied and confused by the floor care category. Consumers find it difficult to select the right products for their individual cleaning needs," said Mr. Geyer. "We are committed to working with our retail partners to understand the issues people face when they shop and to provide clear communications to help them decide which vacuum is right for them."
Eureka’s new advertising and merchandising programs are scheduled to roll out beginning this fall. Simultaneously, the company will be launching several new products, all in keeping with the brand’s focus on customized cleaning solutions. The line up includes:
· Atlantis--a new generation of carpet shampooers delivering an easy-to-maneuver design that is said to be lightweight with a fold-up capability for convenient storage.
· The Boss-–a series of all-terrain uprights and canister vacuums loaded with deep cleaning features to make home cleaning more thorough and efficient.
· EZ Kleen--a bagless series of lightweight stick vacuums designed to tackle multiple surfaces. Featuring a satin metallic blue finish, the handy vacs convert reportedly convert into hand-helds for upholstery cleaning and are compact enough to maneuver and store in small spaces.
· Contour--a line of lightweight vacuums with the power and tools to solve any cleaning problems.
· Retro Vac--a limited edition design that combines high-performance and hip style. Said to be perfect for style conscious consumers, or those just looking to add a touch of retro sophistication to their homes, Retro Vac offers 1950’s design charm with power that stacks up to modern-day home cleaning needs.
· Work Zone--a handy and high-powered trio of must haves for the garage or home workshop, including a Toolbox Vac, Car Vac and All-Purpose Vac – all designed to be easy to maneuver and simple to store.
Back to Breaking News