The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) installed new officers and directors at its
2003 Annual Meeting, June 28-July 2.
The new ASHRAE president is Richard Rooley, FREng, Fellow ASHRAE, principal of Rooley Consultants in Stoke Poges, Bucks, England. He is the first person from outside the U.S. and Canada to be elected president. As ASHRAE's president, Rooley directs the Society's Board of Directors and oversees the Executive Committee.
Other officers installed for a 1-year term are:
* President-Elect: Ron Vallort, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, is president of Ron
Vallort and Associates Ltd., Oak Brook, IL, U.S.
* Treasurer: Lee W. Burgett, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, is an engineering
consultant to The Trane Co. and others following his retirement last year from
The Trane Co. as vice president-new ventures. He resides in La Crosse, WI, U.S.
* Vice President: Darryl K. Boyce, P.Eng., is director of the Department
of Physical Plant at Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
* Vice President: William A. Harrison is president of Trane Arkansas in
Little Rock, AR, U.S.
* Vice President: Kent Peterson, P.E., is a principal and chief mechanical
engineer for P2S Engineering Inc., Long Beach, CA, U.S.
* Vice President: Terry Townsend, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, is president of
Townsend Engineering Inc., Chattanooga, TN, U.S., and Panama City, FL, U.S.
ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a 3-year term from
* Director and Regional Chair, Region I: Lynn G. Bellenger, P.E., is a
partner for Pathfinder Engineers, Rochester, NY, U.S.
* Director and Regional Chair, Region II: Jean Bundock, P.Eng., is an
engineer for Roche Ltd. Consulting Group, Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada.
* Director and Regional Chair, Region III: Charles Henck, P.E., Fellow
ASHRAE, is vice president of Henry Adams Inc., Baltimore, MD, U.S.
* Director and Regional Chair, Region XI: Bill Dean, P.Eng., is facility
manager, National Research Council of Canada, Plant Biotechnology Institute,
* Director-At-Large: Ross Montgomery, P.E., is owner of Quality Systems
and Technology Inc., Palmetto, FL, U.S.
* Director-At-Large: William Murphy, Ph.D., P.E., is director of the
University of Kentucky Extended Campus and a professor of mechanical
engineering, University of Kentucky, Paducah, KY, U.S.
* Director-At-Large: Andrew Persily, Ph.D., is a mechanical engineer,
National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.
Back to Breaking News