Samsung Wins Energy Star Partner of the Year Awards
Apr 7, 2014
| Print this page
Samsung Electronics won the 2014 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It is the second year in a row that Samsung earned this Energy Star award, recognizing leadership in protecting the environment through activities focused on providing products with superior energy efficiency.
Samsung also won the 2014 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Climate Communications Award for efforts to further educate consumers about the positive effect energy efficiency and energy-efficient behaviors have on climate change.
Samsung's related 2013 accomplishments include:
• It offers 1,176 Energy Star-qualified models in several product categories, including appliances.
• Three of its products received the Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies Award from the Consumer Electronics Association earlier this year, one of which also earned the industry’s first Energy Star Emerging Technology Award.
• Its consumer promotions have highlighted the importance of the EPA’s “Change the World, Start with Energy Star” campaign.
• At Boys & Girls Clubs of America events in 2013, the company reached 150,000 youth across the United States and taught club members and their families about the importance of saving energy and protecting the environment from climate change.
• In 2014, the company's North American headquarters office in Ridgefield Park, NJ, earned the Energy Star certification for operating in the top 25% of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency.
• Also in 2014, construction began on two major new company facilities designed for energy efficiency. Samsung Semiconductor is constructing an energy-efficient campus in San Jose, CA. Samsung Research America is building its new R&D center in accordance with LEED Gold and LEED Platinum certification standards in Mountain View, CA.
Previous Energy Star recognition for Samsung includes:
• 2013 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award
• 2012 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Product Manufacturer Award
• 2011 Energy Star Partner of the Year – Product Manufacturer Award
• 2010 Energy Star Award for Excellence in Energy Star Promotion
• 2009 Energy Star Award for Excellence in Energy Star Labeling
Samsung will formally accept its Energy Star awards at a ceremony in Washington, D.C., on April 29, 2014.
Back to Breaking News