Electroindustry Business Conditions Index Down Slightly in December
Jan 8, 2014
| Print this page
NEMA’s Electroindustry Business Conditions Index (EBCI) for current conditions in North America were down for a second month in December 2013. The index fell from 53.1 in November to 52.8 in December, but NEMA said the index continued to indicate improvement in the business environment by staying above the 50-point mark.
• Respondents reporting improved conditions in December: 17%, from 25% in November.
• Respondents reporting improved were worse in December: 11%, from 19% in November.
• Respondents reporting conditions were unchanged in December: 72%.
Confidence in future business conditions was up slightly in December. The EBCI for North American conditions in the coming six months was up to 83.3, from 81.3 in the previous report.
• Respondents expecting improved conditions six months from now: 67%, up from 63% in November.
• Respondents expecting worse conditions in six months: 0%
• Respondents expecting conditions to be unchanged in six months: 33%
Back to Breaking News