The global printed circuit board market was nearly $60 billion in 2012, up 1.7% over 2011, according to IPC's World PCB Production Report for 2012.
According to the report:
* Asia overall has 90% share of world PCB production.
* China was the No. 1 PCB-producing nation, with a share of 42.8%.
* Japan was No. 2, with a share of 16%.
* South Korea surpassed Taiwan in 2012 to become the No. 3 global PCB producers.
* The United States remains in the No. 5 spot with a share of less than 5%.
* Vietnam joined the Top 10 list of PCB-producing countries, but still has a share of less than 1%.
Among the PCB categories covered in the IPC report, rigid flex saw the strongest growth in 2012. Strong growth was also seen in the market for high density-interconnect (HDI) microvia boards.
The report estimates 2012 PCB production value by product category and by country. It provides commentary on PCB industry trends by region and worldwide.
Back to Breaking News