Husqvarna Group received six red dot design awards for the high design quality of its Husqvarna-brand and Gardena-brand products. Three of the six were "best of the best" awards.
red dot is an international design award, founded in 1955 by Design Zentrum Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany. In 2013 the jury assessed 4,662 products in 19 different product categories. Each product is rated on criteria such as innovation, functionality, self-explanatory, quality, and environmental compatibility.
"We are deeply honored receiving as many as six awards this year. Winning three "red dot: best of the best" is really an achievement, showing that our focus on humanized technology is appreciated on a global scale. Design makes a difference," said Ms. Towe Ressman, Vice President Global Design at Husqvarna Group.
red dot: Best of the Best award winners from Husqvarna Group were:
* Husqvarna-brand 550 XP Chainsaw (pictured), noted for exemplary ergonomics and balance
* Gardena-brand rectangular sprinklers, noted for providing easy-to-use and reliable modular water supply
* Gardena-brand wall mounted hose boxes, noted for being compact and user-friendly
red dot: Product Design 2013 award winners from Husqvarna Group were:
* Husqvarna-brand 136 Li HD50 Battery Hedge Trimmer
* Husqvarna-brand 536 Li R Battery Trimmer
* Husqvarna-brand T536 Li XP Battery Top handle Chainsaw
Back to Breaking News