Daikin Industries, Ltd. (Osaka Japan) consolidated results showed net sales of 1,290,903 million yen (approx. US$12.7 billion) in its most recent fiscal year, which ended March 31, 2013.
Daikin is the parent company of U.S.-based HVAC companies McQuay and Goodman.
Daikin Industries net sales were up 5.9% from the previous year's net sales of 1,218,700 million yen.
The HVAC corporation's operating income was 88,627 million yen, up 9.2% from 81,192 million yen in the previous fiscal year.
Ordinary income for the year was 94,145 million yen, up 15.2% from the 81,756 million yen in the previous fiscal year.
Net income was 43,584 million yen, up 5.9% from the previous year's net income of 41,171 million yen.
In the first half of the current fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2014, Daikin Industries forecast:
* net sales of 920,000 million yen, up 41.5%
* operating income of 76,000 million yen, up 50.4%
* ordinary income of 74,000 million yen, up 57.1%
* net income of 42,000 million yen, up 366.2%
For the full current fiscal year Daikin Industries forecast:
* net sales of 1,760,000 million yen, up 36.3%
* operating income of 125,000 million yen, up 41.0%
* ordinary income of 120,000 million yen, up 27.5%
* net income of 64,000 million yen, up 46.8%
Daikin's Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Equipment segment reported overall sales increased by 7.5% to 1,119,972 million yen. Operating income increased 17.8% to 70,904 million yen.
Daikin acquired U.S. air-conditioning manufacturer Goodman, based in Houston, TX, in the second half of 2012. Daikin is also the parent company of HVAC equipment producer McQuay International, based in Minneapolis, MN.
Back to Breaking News