The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) announced its new association leaders at its annual member meeting in Washington, DC on April 30, 2013.
AHAM's board filled officer vacancy terms expiring in 2014, approving:
* First Vice Chair D. Jeffrey Noel, Corporate Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, Whirlpool Corporation
* Second Vice Chair Manuel Cortez, Senior Vice President, Operations, Groupe SEB USA
* Treasurer Melanie K. Cook, General Manager, Cooking Products, GE Appliances
Continuing to serve as Board Chair is Paul V. Sikir, Vice President of Design Engineering, Sub-Zero, Inc.
Directors newly elected by the membership are:
* Patricia Bassett, Vice President, Product Development, Jarden Consumer Solutions, who continues to serve as Portable Appliance Division Chair
* Dochul Choi, Senior Vice President, R&D, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. who continues as Major Appliance Division Chair
* Melanie K. Cook, General Manager, Cooking Products, GE Appliances
* Steven M. Fraundorfer, Vice President, Global Operations, Appliances Division of Spectrum Brands
* Joon So, Vice President and General Manager, Cold and Home Comfort Products, Electrolux Home Products NA
* Mark Viken, Vice President, Marketing, Sharp Electronics Corporation
Terms for Ms. Bassett and Ms. Cook expire in 2016. Term for Mr. Viken expires in 2015. Terms for Dr. Choi, Mr. Fraundorfer, and Mr. So expire in 2014.
Re-elected to the board of directors, with terms expiring in 2016, are:
* D. Jeffrey Noel, Corporate Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, Whirlpool Corporation
* Paul V. Sikir, Vice President of Design Engineering, Sub-Zero, Inc.
* John I. Taylor, Vice President, Public Affairs & Communications, LG Electronics USA
Re-elected, with a term expiring in 2015, is Jerry G. Ryder, Consultant Executive Management, InSinkErator Business Unit, Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions.
Members of the AHAM Board of Directors continuing to serve are:
* Mark J. Bissell, Chairman and CEO, Bissell Inc. (Immediate Past Chair)
* Franz J. Bosshard, President & CEO Emeritus, Bosch Home Appliances Corporation
* Jim Bowman, Fellow, Honeywell International, Inc. (Supplier Division Chair)
* Manuel Cortez, Senior Vice President, Operations, Groupe SEB USA
* Winston S. Lindsay III, CEO, Lindsay Manufacturing, Inc. (Ex officio director and Floor Care Division Chair)
* Debbie Mudway, Vice President, Marketing USA, Home Environment and Digital, Kaz, Inc.
* Sue Stevenson, Vice President and General Manager, Electrolux Major Appliances Canada (AHAM Canada Council Chair)
* Joseph M. McGuire, AHAM President
Former AHAM board chairs continuing to participate in AHAM board meetings as Honorary Chairs - Active Status are:
* Earl F. Jones, Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance, GE Appliances
* Edward V. McAssey, III, COO, Lasko Products, Inc.
* Gordon L. Stauffer, Senior Vice President, Government Relations, AGA Marvel
Back to Breaking News