U.S. Solar Heating and Cooling Alliance Launched
Mar 11, 2013
| Print this page
The Solar Energy Industries Association and the U.S. Solar Heating and Cooling Council have launched the U.S. Solar Heating & Cooling Alliance (SHC Alliance).
The Alliance is focused on growing the solar heating and cooling market by reducing barriers and advocating for policies on the federal, state, and local levels.
The newly elected leaders of the U.S. Solar Heating & Cooling Alliance are:
* Chair: Mike Healy, Skyline Innovations
* Vice Chair: Matt Carlson, Sunnovations
* Treasurer: Eileen Prado, SRCC (Solar Rating & Certification Corporation)
* Rotating member: Les Nelson, IAMPO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials)
* Rotating member: Ole Pilgaard, Heliodyne
"SEIA encourages all companies and organizations interested in the expansion of the solar heating and cooling sector in the U.S. to join the SHC Alliance," said SEIA president and CEO Rhone Resch. "Solar heating and cooling is an expanding, significant sector of our industry -- which is providing affordable, accessible and reliable clean energy technology for our nation while helping us achieve energy independence and security."
The SHC Alliance will be governed collaboratively by SEIA and the Alliance's governing body, the U.S. Solar Heating and Cooling Council. Objectives of the SHC Alliance are:
* To catalyze a common vision and raise awareness with all stakeholders- including policymakers, potential customers, investors and financiers
* To serve as the coordinating go-to voice on industry issues to ensure stakeholder interests are protected
* To energize the industry through collaboration and funding of collective priorities
* To take action to maintain and develop markets for SHC businesses to be a success
Back to Breaking News