Electrolux to Relocate North American Laundry R&D Center
Dec 3, 2012
| Print this page
Electrolux plans to relocate its North American laundry products research and development center from Webster City, IA, to Charlotte, NC.
The company said the move signals a commitment to more product innovation in laundry appliances and builds on design, testing, and marketing capabilities already in-place in Charlotte. Charlotte is home to Electrolux's North American headquarters.
"Electrolux is driving a strong pace of new product innovation to continually create consumer value," said Chris Harris, vice president of Laundry and Dish Care Products, Electrolux Major Appliances North America. "We are increasing our R&D investment, moving closer to major science, engineering and technology universities and leveraging on the state-of-the-art research facilities that we already have in Charlotte."
Product design and testing will end in Webster City in the third quarter of 2013. Electrolux will add 80 R&D jobs in Charlotte, bringing Charlotte employment to 800.
"This was a difficult but necessary decision," Harris added. "The company is committed to assisting our Webster City employees and we are making this announcement nearly a year in advance to help with the transition."
Electrolux has a number of research and development centers in the United States:
* R&D for laundry products built in North America (opening in 2013)
* R&D for electronic systems of all major appliances built in North America
* Product design for all major and small appliances built in North America
* R&D for vacuum products built globally
* R&D for dish care products built in North America
* R&D for refrigeration and freezer products built in North America
* R&D for cooking products built in North America (opening in 2013)
* R&D for cooking products built in North America
Back to Breaking News