A new comScore, Inc. study on U.S. smartphone shopping behavior found that 4 in every 5 smartphone users - 85.9 million in total - accessed retail content on their device in July.
The report ranked the top retailers by July 2012 visitors:
* Amazon: 49.6 million visitors
* eBay: 32.6 million visitors
* Apple: 17.7 million visitors
* Wal-Mart: 16.3 million visitors
* Target: 10 million visitors
* Best Buy: 7.2 million visitors
* Ticketmaster: 5.7 million visitors
* Home Depot: 4.4 million visitors
* Lowes: 3.2 million visitors
"With nearly 86 million Americans now shopping on their smartphones, this pronounced shift in consumer behavior is simply too large for retailers to ignore, with the future of their business depending on how well they adapt to the new environment," said Mark Donovan, comScore SVP of mobile. "But adapting isn't always easy, especially when considering the complexity of the mobile environment, which requires optimizing the experience across multiple platforms and for both mobile websites and apps. The retailers who best understand how consumers are engaging in mobile shopping behaviors and design their strategies accordingly will be best positioned to capitalize on these shifting market dynamics."
Back to Breaking News