Bertazzoni, a family-owned producer of cooking appliances, was awarded the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show "Best of Show Award" for one of its new appliance products, the Segmented Cooktop. The award is presented to the product that exhibits the best in functionality, quality/durability, flexibility, aesthetics/style, and innovation.
The Bertazzoni Segmented Cooktop combines the power of gas, an electric griddle, and induction cooking in one cooktop platform.
The low profile design fits the standard cut-out for a 36-inch cooktop and each cooking surface is designed with three 12-inch segments per fuel type.
"When we set out to create the Segmented Cooktop we recognized that people are more and more aware of the advantages of induction, gas, and griddle cooking surfaces and would love to be able to combine them without having to choose just one," said Nicola Bertazzoni, vice president of sales and sixth-generation family executive for Bertazzoni, who was present at the show to accept the award.
The Segmented Cooktop is one of the many products included in the Bertazzoni Built-In Line, launched in the Fall of 2011. Also included in the line is a series of wall ovens and ventilation systems that are available in both Professional and Design models.
Among the features available in the line:
* A high-resolution LCD display with user-friendly touch interface to control oven functions.
* Dual diagonal convection technology for optimal heat distribution on seven levels.
* The Assistant, a bank of cooking sequences customized for nine food categories and equipped with sensors to provide the cook with the optimal cooking results
The Built-In suite has received other industry awards:
* CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree: Bertazzoni Design Series 30 inch Double Oven
* 2011 Interior Design Best of Year Award Finalist: Bertazzoni Design Series 36 inch Segmented Cooktop
* GOOD Design 2011 Finalist: Bertazzoni Design Series Built-in Oven
Bertazzoni is a 130 year old, family-owned company based in Italy. It manufactures ranges, ovens, cooktops, and ventilation systems.
Back to Breaking News