NAHB IDs Top Counties for Residential Remodeling
Mar 26, 2012
| Print this page
The National Association of Home Builders identified Los Angeles County, CA, as leading the nation in annual county remodeling spending, at $8.4 billion. In terms of remodeling dollars spent per household, Nantucket County, MA ranks highest with an annual average of $8,520.
"Residential remodeling is one of the housing industry's bright spots, and in some parts of the country this is more true now than ever," said NAHB Remodelers Chairman George "Geep" Moore Jr., GMB, CAPS, GMR and owner/president of Moore-Built Construction & Restoration Inc. in Elm Grove, LA.
The average value across all counties nationwide for total remodeling expenditures per year is $66 million. Top counties by region are:
* West: Los Angeles County, CA, $8.4 billion
* Midwest: Cook County, IL, $4 billion
* Northeast: Nassau County, NY, $1.9 billion
* South: Miami-Dade County, FL, $1.7 billion
The average spent per-household on remodeling projects is $1,907. The top counties by region for remodeling spending per home are:
* Northeast: Nantucket County, MA, $8,520
* West: Marin County, CA, $7,782
* South: Falls Church City, VA, $6,099
* Midwest: Cook County, IL, $3,466
"Nationally, we're forecasting a continued increase in the demand for residential repairs and improvements," said NAHB Chief Economist David Crowe.
Back to Breaking News