Lowe’s Reorganizes Store Operations and Merchandising
Aug 30, 2011
| Print this page
Home improvement and appliances retailer Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is restructuring its store operations and merchandising organizations. The consolidation is designed to improve efficiencies, increase speed to market for new products and services, and enhance the customer shopping experience.
Lowe’s U.S. stores will now operate under three divisions – North, South, and West. The divisional structure will be streamlined from 21 to 14 regions nationally to provide greater consistency and efficiency.
Details regarding the new regional structure will be finalized at a later time.
Each division will be led by a senior vice president (SVP) of operations, reporting to Rick D. Damron, executive vice president of store operations. Division heads will be:
• William W. (Bill) Edwards, senior vice president of operations – South division (previously SVP – South Central)
• James M. (Jim) Frasso, SVP of operations – North division (previously SVP – Northeast)
• Brent G. Kirby, SVP of operations – West division (previously SVP – North Central)
Lowe’s merchandising organization has been reorganized into two product divisions. Each division will be led by an SVP/general merchandising manager (GMM), reporting to Executive Vice President of Merchandising Robert J. Gfeller Jr.
• Troy J. Dally, previously SVP/GMM – hardlines/building products, will lead the new building & outdoor products division
• Clinton T. (Clint) Davis, previously SVP/GMM – kitchen & bath, will lead the new kitchen, bath & home décor products division
Related to these changes, Theresa A. Anderson and Robert F. Wagner, previously SVPs of operations, and Patricia M. Price, previously SVP/GMM – home décor, have left the company.
As announced in July, Eric D. Sowder, SVP/GMM – outdoor living, will retire from Lowe’s on Sept. 9.
Back to Breaking News