Vanessa Williams Helps Samsung Launch LCD Refrigerator with Apps
Jun 29, 2011
| Print this page
Samsung Electronics America recruited Vanessa Williams, star of the TV show Desperate Housewives, to help promote its LCD Refrigerator with apps. The star appeared with Samsung at the Time Warner Center as part of a product introduction event.
Samsung’s new refrigerator includes apps and features designed to be relevant and useful for busy families:
· Download recipes from Epicurious.
· Organize family lives through Google Calendar.
· Keep in touch with a notepad application.
· Stream music through Pandora.
· Stream family pictures through Picasa Web Albums.
· Check the weather through Weatherbug.
· Check the news through AP News.
Samsung research shows that:
· 59% of consumers consider the kitchen the center of family life and activity
· 42% use their refrigerators to post notes, phone numbers, schedules, and appointments
Samsung notes that, unlike mobile devices, the refrigerator is stationary and provides a central point of organization for the home.
“Our strategy is to enable consumers to be more connected and organized through any screen, and we’ve accomplished that with tablets, laptops, smart phones and TVs,” said Tim Baxter, president of the Consumer Business Division, Samsung Electronics America. “Now, Samsung is extending that connectivity into the kitchen. The LCD Refrigerator with apps meets a need to help make people’s lives easier and more convenient.”
The Samsung LCD Refrigerator with apps is offered at retailers in the United States at an MSRP starting at $3,499.99 for the 4-Door French door model and $2,699.99 for the side-by-side model.
Back to Breaking News