AHRI President to Testify Before Senate Committee
Mar 7, 2011
| Print this page
Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute President and CEO Stephen Yurek will testify March 10 before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee in support of S. 398, the "Implementation of National Consensus Appliance Agreements Act of 2011."
The bill would enact into law several consensus agreements that AHRI and energy efficiency advocacy groups crafted to encourage energy savings and enhance environmental stewardship.
The agreements would:
• Require the Department of Energy to conduct a rulemaking to revise its residential water heater test procedure. Updating the test procedure will ensure accurate efficiency ratings for these products and will enable true energy savings.
• Establish for the first time an efficiency standard for heat pump pool heaters. This standard will provide stability in the marketplace by leveling the playing field to enable all manufacturers to compete fairly.
• Establish a federal efficiency standard for a specific type of commercial refrigeration product known as service-over-the-counter.
• Establish federal efficiency standards for through-the-wall central air-conditioners, through-the-wall heat pumps, and small duct, high velocity systems.
• Set new federal efficiency standards for residential furnaces in two regions, for central air-conditioners in three regions, and for central heat pumps in one, national region.
Back to Breaking News