Bertazzoni Survey Shows Importance of Holiday Meals with Family
Dec 20, 2010
| Print this page
A survey of U.S. consumers, sponsored by cooking appliance maker Bertazzoni, found that 69% of respondents believe that in-person interaction with family members during the holidays is extremely important for a happy and healthy relationship.
The survey also showed that 64% believe it’s very important to share holiday meals with friends and family and 45% believe that eating meals together typically brings out the best in family relationships during the holidays.
“During the holiday hustle and bustle, families understand the gift of connection — with each other and through food,” said Paolo Bertazzoni, president and fifth-generation owner of Bertazzoni. “The survey results indicate that food is indeed a social binder and the foundation of healthy relationships with family and friends — especially during the holidays."
Bertazzoni is family owned Italian producer of ranges, cooktops, and kitchen ventilation appliances. The Consumer Holiday Survey, conducted for Bertazzoni by Zoomerang, polled 210 U.S. consumers.
The survey found that consumers spend more time in the kitchen during the holidays. 31% of respondents plan to spend 2-3 hours each day in the kitchen, with most of this time (63%) spent preparing meals.
How would these consumers like to improve the entertainment experience in their kitchen?
• 47% of respondents would like a larger kitchen
• 33% would like more seating
• 31% would like more counter space
• 27% would like a big enough budget to remodel
The survey results suggest that most respondents plan to be conservative when entertaining at home during the 2010 holidays - 56% plan to entertain the same amount as in 2008.
Other key survey findings:
• From a long list of ethnic foods that consumers like to prepare at home, Italian was chosen as the favorite by respondents.
• 63% of respondents plan to entertain at home on major holidays only.
• 57% of respondents cited “celebrating with friends and family” as the reason why they entertain at home
• 54% of respondents spend 5 or more hours interacting in-person in their home with family during the holidays
• 57% of respondents said they are very satisfied with the way they interact with family during the holidays
The Bertazzoni Consumer Holiday Survey was conducted online in the United States by Zoomerang on behalf of Bertazzoni from Nov. 24, 2010 – Nov. 25, 2010, among 210 U.S. adults ages 18+.
Back to Breaking News