ASHRAE Announces Award Recipients at Annual Conference
Jun 23, 2009
| Print this page
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) recognized 56 members and one chapter for contributions to ASHRAE and the HVAC&R industry at the Society’s 2009 Annual Conference.
The Louise and Bill Holladay Distinguished Fellow Award honors an ASHRAE Fellow for continuous preeminence in engineering or research work. The recipient is Wilbert F. Stoecker, Ph.D., P.E. professor emeritus, Department of Mechanical Science and Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
The Andrew T. Boggs Service Award recognizes a past Distinguished Service Award recipient for continuing, unselfish, dedicated, and distinguished service. The recipient is Laurance S. Staples Jr., Life Member, Prairie Village, KS.
The Exceptional Service Award recognizes Distinguished Award recipients who have continued to serve the Society faithfully and with exemplary effort. Five recipients were recognized:
* Mark C. Hegberg, product manager, Danfoss Heating Controls, Elmhurst, IL
* Giustino N. Mastro, P.E., Life Member, associate director, Physical Plant, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
* Hugh D. McMillan III, P.E., senior mechanical engineer, CCRD Partners, Houston, TX
* Andrew K. Persily, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, group leader, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
* J. Thomas Sobieski, retired from York International Corp. as director of special products, Airside Products Group, Johnston, PA
The Chapter Program Star Award recognizes excellence in chapter program endeavors. The recipient is Robert J. Laneve, director of engineering, Air Control Products Inc., Cleveland, OH.
The William J. Collins Jr. Research Promotion Award is given to the chapter research promotion chair who raises the most money for ASHRAE research. The recipient is Robert G. Craddock, managing director, Inland Metal, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Back to Breaking News