The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) elected eight industry leaders to the Society’s College of Fellows for 2008. Each is recognized as key contributors to the social, technical, and educational progress of manufacturing. The new Fellows include:
• William “Willy” J. Geary, president, Boeing Canada Operations Limited & General Manager, Boeing, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
• Gert Goch, Dr Eng. Director, BIMAQ (Bremen Institute of Metrology, Automation and Quality Science), University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
• Kuang-Chao Fan, PhD, Distinguished and Chon-Juo Zhang Chair Professor, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
• Neal P. Jeffries, PhD, CMfgE, Executive Director Center for Manufacturing Technology, Cincinnati, OH, U.S.
• Michael F. Molnar, CMfgE, PE. Technical Director, Cummins, Inc., Columbus, IN, U.S.
• Shivakumar Raman, PhD, John A. Myers, Professor in Engineering and David Ross Boyd Professor, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, U.S.
• Kevin S. Smith, PhD, Professor and Deputy Director of the Center for Precision Metrology, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, U.S.
• Y. Lawrence Yao, PhD, Professor and Chair, Columbia University, New York, NY
SME is currently accepting nominations for the 2009 College of Fellows. Nomination forms may be downloaded at www.sme.org/awards and should be submitted by Dec. 1, 2008.
Back to Breaking News