World Steel Association Elects New Officers; Welcomes New Members
Oct 7, 2008
| Print this page
The Board of Directors of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) has elected Lakshmi Mittal, chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal as chairman of the association; and Ku-Taek Lee, Chairman and CEO, POSCO; Paolo Rocca, Chairman and CEO, Techint Group; and John Surma, chairman and CEO of U.S. Steel, as vice chairmen.
The 2008/2009 Executive Committee includes:
• Hajime Bada, JFE Steel Corp.
• Daniel DiMicco, Nucor Corp.
• Jorge Gerdau Johannpeter, Gerdau SA
• Karl-Ulrich Köhler, ThyssenKrupp AG
• Ku-Taek Lee, POSCO
• Lakshmi Mittal, ArcelorMittal
• Alexey Mordashov, Severstal JSC
• Shoji Muneoka, Nippon Steel Corp.
• Dr. M. Aydin Müderrisoglu, Erdemir
• Paolo Rocca, Techint Group
• John Surma, United States Steel Corp.
• Sakari Tamminen, Rautaruukki Oyj
• Philippe Varin, Corus Group
• Lejiang Xu, Baosteel Group
• Xiaogang Zhang, Anshan Iron & Steel Corp.
• Ian Christmas, World Steel Association
New members to the association include:
• Badische Stahlwerke GmbH., represented by Mrs Carolin Kramer, Co-Owner
• Deacero, S.A. de C.V., represented by Raul M. Gutierrez, Co-CEO
• Laiwu Steel Group, Ltd., represented by Song Lanxiang, Chairman of the Board
• Metalloinvest Management Company, represented by Maxim Gubiev, Chief Executive Officer
• Jindal Steel & Power Limited
• Malaysian Iron & Steel Federation
Back to Breaking News