The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) installed new officers and directors at its 2008 Annual Meeting held in Salt Lake City, Utah, June 21-25.
The new president is William Harrison, president, Trane Arkansas, Little Rock, AR.
Other officers installed for a one-year term are:
• President-Elect: Gordon V. R. Holness, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, Life Member, consulting engineer, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI.
• Treasurer: Lynn G. Bellenger, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, partner, Pathfinder Engineers, Rochester, NY
• Vice President: Jim Fields, vice president, Superior Mechanical Services, Greensboro, NC
• Vice President: Andrew Persily, Ph.D., Fellow ASHRAE, group leader, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD
• Vice President: Vincent Tse, Fellow ASHRAE, managing director, Parsons Brinckerhoff (Asia), Hong Kong.
• Vice President: Thomas Watson, P.E., chief engineer, McQuay International, Staunton, VA.
ASHRAE installed the following directors to serve a three-year term from 2008-2011:
• Region VII Director and Regional Chair: Pat Kempf, retired from Gulf Power Co. (a Southern Co. subsidiary), Pensacola, FL.
• Region VIII Director and Regional Chair: Kenneth Fulk, P.E., partner, Reed, Wells, Benson and Co., Consulting Engineers, Dallas, TX.
• Region IX Director and Regional Chair: Rich Rose, owner/general manager, Mechanical Technology, Billings. MT.
• Region X Director and Regional Chair: Jack Zarour, lead mechanical engineer, Genentech, San Francisco, CA.
• Region-at-Large Director and Regional Chair: Walid Chakroun, Ph.D., chairman, Mechanical Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait University, Kuwait.
• Director-at-Large: Tim Dwyer, principal lecturer, London South Bank University, London.
• Director-at-Large: Wayne Reedy, Fellow ASHRAE, recently retired engineering manager, Carrier Corp., Indianapolis, IN.
• Director-at-Large: Kay Thrasher, vice president, Townsend Engineering, Chattanooga, TN.
Back to Breaking News