Carrier Corporation’s Customer Technical Training Program now offers 18 courses, totaling 472 hours of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) technician training, recognized by the North American Technician Excellence (NATE) certification program.
The NATE program is the leading certification program for technicians in the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) industry. The NATE certification exam reflects the industry’s consensus opinion of what technicians need to know to effectively service and install today's sophisticated HVAC systems.
"As manufacturing leaders in the HVAC/R industry, its only appropriate that Carrier also be leaders in training the technicians that service our industry," Brian Lynch, the manager of Carrier’s Customer Technical Training Program, said.
NATE certification is valid for 5 years, after which technicians are required to retake their certification exam; take an abbreviated exam and prove they have taken 30 hours of NATE-recognized continuing education training; or prove 60 hours of NATE-recognized training, which requires no exam. All NATE-recognized training must be accomplished within the 5-year certification period.
Carrier Customer Technical Training now offers the following NATE-recognized HVAC technician training courses:
· HVAC Electrical Troubleshooting (SER027)
· HVAC Mechanical Pro-Troubleshooting (SER028)
· Tech 2: Heat Pumps (SER190)
· Tech 3: Gas Heat (SER200)
· Tech 4: Reciprocating Liquid Chillers (SER210)
· Tech 5: Screw Liquid Chillers, Models 30GX/GX (SER260)
· Commercial Rooftop-Constant Volume-Single Zone (SER500)
· Commercial Rooftop Variable Air Volume-Multiple Zones (SER600)
· Centrifugal Compressor Familiarization (SER122/124)
· Centrifugal Disassembly & Reassembly (SER130)
· 19XL/XR/XRT Centrifugal Chiller Operators (SER015)
· 23XL Screw Chiller Operators (SER023)
· 30GX/HX Screw Chiller Operators (SER024)
· Flotronic Chiller Controls (SER150)
· Absorption Fundamentals (SER110)
· NATE Gas Furnace Prep Course
· NATE Air Conditioning Review Course
· NATE Heat Pump Review Course
Tuition varies within a range of U.S. $240-$2,925 for each course.
According to Mr. Lynch, the benefit of Carrier offering NATE-certified courses is two-fold.
"For NATE-certified HVAC technicians needing to earn continuing education hours to recertify, now they can turn to Carrier, the world’s largest manufacturer of HVAC/R equipment," he explained. "For technicians who are just looking to advance their skills, and who are already familiar with Carrier’s training programs, now they have the extra value of having these courses also count towards NATE certification."
For more information about Carrier’s NATE-recognized technical training courses and a course schedule, visit Carrier’s Customer Technical Training web site: www.training.carrier.com;
e-mail: email@example.com; or call +1-800-644-5544.
to Daily News