Representatives of six household appliance manufacturers came together in Moscow on May 22, 2014 for the first general meeting of a new national association representing the industry within the Russian Federation. The new organization goes by the name APROBYTTEKH.
The six companies meeting in Moscow were:
• Beko, the European brand name of Turkish appliance maker Arçelik
• Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH (BSH), the German-based appliance firm and often ranked as the third-biggest worldwide maker of major appliances
• Candy, the Italian appliance maker that sells major appliances in Europe under the iconic Hoover brand as well as Candy and other brand names
• Electrolux, the Swedish appliance maker, ranked as the second-largest global appliance makers
• Indesit, maker of Indesit, Hotpoint, and Scholtès brand appliances, and—of the six companies at the meeting—the firm with the largest existing Russian appliance manufacturing and distribution operations
• Whirlpool Corp., based in Benton Harbor, MI, and the world's largest maker of major appliances
Membership in the new association is open to household appliance manufacturers that operate within the Russian Federation. The new association has been set up as a legal non-profit entity.
The new association will also be affiliated with Brussels-based CECED, the European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers, which serves as a European-wide organizing body for many regional and national appliance industry associations.
Philippe Kaltenbach, general manager of Indesit within the Russian Federation, was elected chairman of APROBYTTEKH: “I am looking forward to the challenge of representing the household appliance industry sector within the Russian Federation," he said.
Paolo Falcioni, CECED Director-General, said: "We are delighted to see the creation of this new National Association and warmly welcome it into the CECED European network that represents the household appliance industry in Europe."
to Daily News