The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) proposed new energy standards for commercial refrigeration equipment in a Sept. 11, 2013, Notice Of Proposed Rulemaking in the Federal Register.
The commercial refrigeration equipment standards revision process has been underway since May 2010.
DOE will hold an all-day public meeting and webinar on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, in Washington, DC. The meeting will also be broadcast as a webinar. Registration information is on the DOE Rulemaking for Commercial Refrigeration Equipment Energy Conservation Standards page.
DOE will also accept comments, data, and information regarding the notice of proposed rulemaking (NOPR) before the public meeting and after the public meeting, up until Nov. 12, 2013.
Affected products include:
* remote condensing commercial refrigerators and commercial freezers
* self-contained commercial refrigerators and commercial freezers without doors
* self-contained commercial refrigerators and commercial freezers with doors
* self-contained commercial refrigerators with transparent doors for pull-down temperature applications
* commercial ice-cream freezers
DOE is scheduled to take final action on the new standard in February 2014.
to Daily News