The National Restaurant Association is accepting applications for the 2014 Kitchen Innovations Awards.
The awards, now in their tenth year, recognizes cutting-edge equipment and technology that specifically improve the back of the house and benefit foodservice operators. The most progressive, groundbreaking innovations will be featured in the Kitchen Innovations Pavilion at the NRA Show 2014, to be held May 17-20 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
"We are seeking new kitchen equipment and technology innovations that deliver the most significant benefits to operators," said Dan Bendall, Principal, FoodStrategy, Inc. and Kitchen Innovations Awards judge. "Our panel of judges believes continuous innovation is the life-blood of our industry growth and profitability. It's our mission to evaluate the latest innovations and select those which are major advances in kitchen efficiency, quality, safety, conservation, integration with front of the house, and, of course, improving the work environment."
Award recipients will be the exclusive exhibitors in the interactive, centrally located Kitchen Innovations Pavilion on the exhibit floor.
All applications will be judged by an independent panel, including:
* Dan Bendall of FoodStrategy
* Martin Cowley, senior manager Design and Standards, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
* William Eaton, chairman, Cini-Little International
* Robert Forrester, principal, Restaurant Industry Solutions
* Foster F. Frable Jr., founding partner, Clevenger Frable LaVallee
* Jim Krueger, Jr., chief, Air Force F&B Research and Business Development
* Aaron LaMotte, director, Sodexo Performance Interiors
* Robert Marshall, vice president, U.S. Operations, McDonald's Corp.
* Kathleen H. Seelye, managing partner, Ricca Newmark Design
The deadline to apply for the 2014 Kitchen Innovations Awards is Dec. 6, 2013. To be considered, all equipment and technology innovations must be introduced within the 24 months prior to NRA Show 2014. Award recipients will be announced in February.
More information is at:
to Daily News