Whirlpool Corp. (Benton Harbor, MI) announced the results of its annual stockholders' meeting, including the election of directors for the next year. The meeting was held on April 16, 2013.
Whirlpool stockholders elected 11 individuals to the board of directors. Elected to the board for one-year terms, expiring in 2014:
* Samuel R. Allen, chairman and CEO of Deere & Company
* Gary T. DiCamillo, a partner at Eaglepoint Advisors LLC
* Diane M. Dietz, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Safeway, Inc.
* Jeff M. Fettig, chairman and CEO of Whirlpool Corporation
* Michael F. Johnston, former chairman of the board and CEO of Visteon Corporation
* William T. Kerr, former president and CEO, Arbitron Inc.
* John D. Liu, CEO of Essex Equity Management and managing partner at Richmond Hill Investments
* Harish Manwani, chief operating officer of Unilever
* William D. Perez, senior advisor to Greenhill & Co.
* Michael A. Todman, president of Whirlpool International at Whirlpool Corporation
* Michael D. White, chairman, president, and CEO of DirecTV Group, Inc.
Two directors retired from the board, effective April 16, and did not stand for re-election:
* Kathleen J. Hempel, former vice chairman and chief financial officer at Fort Howard Corporation, who served as a director since 1994
* Miles L. Marsh, former chairman of the board and CEO of Fort James Corporation, who served as a director since 1990.
Stockholders also voted:
* to approve an advisory vote on executive compensation
* to ratify the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as Whirlpool Corporation's independent registered public accounting firm for 2013
* to approve the amendment and restatement of the Whirlpool Corporation 2010 Omnibus Stock and Incentive Plan
* to reject a stockholder proposal to adopt a policy of shareholder approval of future benefits payable upon the death of a senior executive.
The vote results are preliminary; final results will be reported on a current report on Form 8-K, which will be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Whirlpool Corp. is the world's largest maker of major appliances, with 2012 annual sales of about $18 billion. The company has 68,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers worldwide. Company brands include Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht, and others.
to Daily News