NEMA's March Electroindustry Business Confidence Index (EBCI) for current North American business conditions slipped in March but continues to indicate improvement in the business environment. The index was at 65.9 in March, down from 73.8 in January and February of 2013.
Panelists take on current business conditions in March 20013:
* 41% said conditions improved, compared to 57% in February
* 9% said conditions declined, from 10% in February
* 50% said conditions stayed the same, from 33% in February
Confidence in future business conditions, on the other hand, is building. The EBCI for North American conditions six months in the future climbed almost 10 points in March, to 90.9, the highest level for the forward-looking index in a decade.
Panelists take on future business conditions:
* 86% of survey respondents expect conditions to improve in the next six months, from two-thirds in February
* 5% expect a deterioration in the business environment in the next six months, about the same as in February
to Daily News