The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) scheduled the first meeting of the Appliance Standards and Rulemaking Federal Advisory Committee (ASRAC) to take place Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, from 9 AM through 5 PM (EST). The meeting will be at the Forrestal Building in Washington, D.C.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide advice and recommendations to the Energy Department on the development of standards and test procedures for residential appliances and commercial equipment, certification and enforcement of standards, and product labeling.
The tentative agenda of the meeting includes:
* an overview of the appliance standards program
* discussion of the Committee's purpose and structure
* discussion of appliances and equipment best suited for the negotiated rulemaking process
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) provided a list of individuals that are a part of the committee:
* Co-Chair: Mr. Andrew deLaski, Appliance Standards Awareness Project
* Co-Chair: Mr. John Mandyck, UTC Climate, Controls & Security
* Ms. Ashley Armstrong, U.S. Department of Energy
* Mr. John Caskey, National Electrical Manufacturers Association
* Mr. Timothy Cassidy, Best Buy Co., Inc.
* Mr. Thomas Coughlin, National Grid
* Mr. Steven Cousins, The Coca-Cola Company
* Mr. Thomas Eckman, Northwest Power and Conservation Council
* Dr. David Hungerford, California Energy Commission
* Ms. Kelley Kline, General Electric, Appliances
* Mr. Kent Peterson, P2S Engineering, Inc.
to Daily News