Metalforming companies in the United States and Canada expect steady business conditions in the next three months, according to a November 2012 report from the Precision Metalforming Association. Of the metalformers surveyed, 19% expect economic activity will improve in the next three months, up from 15% in October. 45% of metalformers expect activity will remain unchanged, from 55% in the October report. 36% of metalformers expect activity will decline, from 30% in October.
Metalforming companies' expectations of incoming orders in the next three months:
* 28% expect increased orders, up from 24% in October
* 39% expect no change in orders, from 41% in October
* 33% expect fewer orders, from 35% in October
Average daily shipping levels continued to be steady in November:
* 25% of metalformers report shipping levels are up from three months ago, from 22% in the October report
* 37% report shipping levels are the same as three months ago, from 33% in October
* 38% report lower shipping levels, from 45% in October
The share of metalforming companies with some of their workforce on short time or layoff was up to 17% in November 2012, from 16% in October and the same as November 2011.
to Daily News