The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) held its Annual Meeting November 11-13 in Palm Springs, CA and elected new association officers. It also presented awards to industry leaders. In addition, the Clifford H. "Ted" Rees, Jr. Scholarship Foundation awarded scholarships to four students studying at San Joaquin Valley College.
The Richard C. Schulze Award is presented in recognition of distinguished service and commitment to AHRI and the industry's goals and objectives. Recipients included:
* Gary Berlin, Nortec
* Bill Hansen, Trane
* Diane Jakobs, Rheem Manufacturing Co.
* Eric Lannes, Bradford White Corporation
* John Mandyck, Carrier Corporation
* Neil Rolph, Lochinvar Corporation
John Conrad, ACHR News, received the AHRI Public Service Award, which recognizes individuals or organizations that have made a significant contribution to the HVACR industry and in furthering AHRI's goals.
The Distinguished Service Award recognizes individuals who are leaders in the industry and who have made significant contributions to the industry throughout their careers. Recipients included:
* Ray Hoglund, Dover
* Joe Mattingly, AHRI
* Pat Quilty, Honeywell
Jamie Dean Barela, Mario Cedano, Christopher Kirby, and Jeremy Miller, students at the San Joaquin Valley College, received scholarships from the Clifford H. "Ted" Rees, Jr. Scholarship Foundation, which is supported by many AHRI members and was established to assist with the recruitment and competency of future heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) technicians.
AHRI's 2013 officers are:
* Chairman: Harry Holmes, President, Morrison Products
* Vice Chairman: Robert McDonough, President, UTC Climate, Controls & Security Systems - Americas
* Vice Chairman: Ed Purvis, EVP, Emerson Climate Technologies
* Treasurer: Chris Drew , Vice President, Burnham Holdings
* Immediate Past Chair: Ajita Rajendra, President and COO, A.O. Smith
* Dan Ellis, President, Climate Master
* Nicholas Giuffre, President and CEO, Bradford White
* Thomas Healy, President, Climate and Industrial Controls, Parker Hannifin
* William Johnson, President and CEO, Hill Phoenix
* David LaGrand, President and CEO, Nordyne
* John Murphy, VP/GM, North America-Systems, Latin America, Middle East, Unitary Products Group and Global Security, Johnson Controls
* Earle Pfefferkorn, President, Packaged Boiler Systems, Cleaver-Brooks
* Bill Steel, President and CEO, Bard Manufacturing
* David Swift, President and CEO, Goodman Manufacturing
* Doug Young, President and COO, Lennox Residential Heating & Cooling
to Daily News