Nine Husqvarna Group products have earned 2012 red dot design awards.
Eight products received awards for high design quality and the Husqvarna Battery Rider (pictured) receiving the red dot: Best of the Best award. Winning products came from three different brands within the Husqvarna Group: Husqvarna, McCulloch, and Gardena.
Husqvarna winning products include:
* The Battery Rider, Husqvarna's first battery-powered ride-on mower with unique articulated steering and a front mounted cutting deck.
* Technical Extreme protective clothing.
McCulloch winning products include:
* CS 410 Elite, a robust, lightweight all-around chainsaw with an integrated combi-tool to maintain the saw.
* The M125 97FH front mower with a new exterior design and rear-wheel steering for a high degree of maneuverability.
Gardena winning products include:
* R40Li robotic mower with automatic recharge capability.
* Water Smart Flow Meter for garden hoses to allow users control over water use.
* Terraline Range of garden tools.
* The Water Computer C 2030 duo plus to allow for individual control of irrigation of two different garden areas from a single outlet.
* AccuJet 18-Li small debris blower.
The red dot design award is awarded by the Design Zentrum Nordrhein Westfalen in Essen, Germany. The competition annually receives about 14.000 submissions from 70 countries annually, making it the biggest product design competition in the world. Products are rated on criteria such as innovation, functionality, self-explanatory quality, and environmental compatibility.
The red dot award ceremony will be held at an event in Essen, Germany on July 2, 2012.
to Daily News