The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) announced the election of new association leaders at its annual member meeting, "Strategies for the Future," in Naples, FL on April 24, 2012. Included are AHAM officers, the board of directors and division leaders.
AHAM's newly elected officers, serving two year terms expiring in 2014, are:
* Board Chair Robert P. Scaglione, Chief Marketing Officer, Sharp Electronics Corporation
* First Vice Chair Paul V. Sikir, Vice President of Design Engineering, Sub-Zero, Inc.
* Second Vice Chair and Treasurer Jennifer Mintman, General Manager, Consumer Home Services, GE Appliances.
New directors elected by regular members include:
* Jim Bowman, Senior Principal Engineer, Honeywell International, Inc.
* Manuel Cortez, Senior Vice President, Operations & IT, Groupe SEB USA
* Jennifer Mintman, General Manager - Consumer Home Services, GE Appliances
* Deborah Mudway, Vice President of Marketing USA, Home Environment and Digital, Kaz, Inc.
* D. Jeffrey Noel, Corporate Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs, Whirlpool Corp.
Re-elected members of the board of directors are:
* Franz J. Bosshard, President & CEO Emeritus, Bosch Home Appliances Corp.
* Jerry G. Ryder, Chairman, InSinkErator Business Unit, Emerson Electric Co.
* Robert P. Scaglione, Chief Marketing Officer, Sharp Electronics Corp.
Members of the AHAM Board of Directors continuing to serve include:
* David Becker, Vice President, Strategy, Viking Range Corporation
* Mark J. Bissell, Chairman and CEO, BISSELL Inc. (Immediate Past Chair)
* Drew Fiorenza, Vice President/General Manager, NA Appliances & Global Vice President, Personal Care Consumables, Spectrum Brands
* Donald E. Hoeschen, Vice President, Sales, National Presto Industries, Inc.
* Paul V. Sikir, Vice President of Design Engineering, Sub-Zero, Inc.
* John I. Taylor, Vice President, Government Relations & Communications, LG Electronics USA
* Thomas Vining, Vice President, Engineering, Electrolux Home Products NA
* Joseph M. McGuire, AHAM President
The AHAM board approved division leaders for two year terms ending in 2014.
Floor Care Division:
* Winston S. Lindsay III, CEO, Lindsay Manufacturing, Inc. will serve as Board Chair
* Steve Polinski, Senior Manager Regulatory Affairs, Miele, Inc. will serve as Vice Chair
Major Appliance Division:
* Dochul Choi, Senior Vice President, R&D, Samsung Electronics, will serve as board chair
* George Hawranko, Senior Associate General Counsel, Electrolux Home Products NA, will serve as Vice Chair
Portable Appliance Division:
* Patricia Bassett, Vice President, Product Development- Global Appliances, Jarden Consumer Solutions will serve as board chair
* Kevin Sullivan, Vice President, R&D, Keurig - Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, will serve as Vice Chair
* Jim Bowman, Senior Principal Engineer, Honeywell International, Inc. will serve as chair
* Michael Ballard, Divisional Director, Home Appliance Group, Microchip Technology International, Inc. will serve as vice chair
Division Chairs also serve as ex officio members of AHAM's Board of Directors.
Former AHAM Board Chairs who continue to participate in AHAM Board meetings are:
* Earl F. Jones, Senior Counsel, Government Relations & Regulatory Compliance, GE Appliances & Lighting
* Edward V. McAssey, III, COO, Lasko Products, Inc.
* Gordon L. Stauffer, Senior Vice President, Government Relations, AGA Marvel
to Daily News