LG Electronics USA's LFX31935 refrigerator with Blast Chiller Technology was named a 2012 Best of Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree in the Major Home Appliances category.
The LG refrigerator was noted for offering large capacity, unique blast chiller technology to cool beverages within five minutes, and energy efficiency.
Other honorees in the Major Home Appliances category include:
• Bertazzoni, for its Design Series 30-inch double oven, with iPhone-inspired design
• LG Electronics USA for the LG HOM-BOT robotic vacuum LrV5900,
• Samsung, for its 4-door LCD refrigerator with Apps
• Sub-Zero, Inc. for its built-in refrigeration, with new enhancements that allows connectivity to home automation systems
• Wolf Appliance, Inc. for its E Series built-in wall ovens, also with new enhancements allowing connectivity to home automation
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) awards honor outstanding design and engineering advancements across 32 consumer electronics product categories.
In the category of Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies Nest Labs won the Best of award for the Nest Learning Thermostat, the first "learning" thermostat. The unit learns user preferences, programs itself for user comfort, and guides users enhance energy savings. The unit saves energy when users are not at home and adjusts to changing user schedules.
In the Home Networking category Wi3 won the Best of award for WiPNET, which layers a Wi-Fi and Ethernet network over the top of a home's coax cabling while maintaining all TV services. Users need only replace existing TV wall plates with in-wall WiPNET ports, each of which delivers wired and wireless access.
to Daily News