"Vic" Colwell, vice president of sales & marketing, Loren Cook Company was elected the 2011-2013 president of the Air Movement and Control Association International (AMCA International) during the association’s 56th annual meeting in Kauai, HI.
Colwell has spent his entire professional career in the HVAC industry, joining ASHRAE in 1982 and being personally involved with AMCA International since 1993. He served AMCA’s board of directors as well as its Marketing Committee, Audit Committee, Nominating Committee, Investment Taskforce, and recently as a member of the Executive Board, holding the positions of Director at Large, Treasurer and Vice President.
In addition to Colwell, AMCA also named its new Executive Committee and Board of Directors for 2011-2012.
• Outgoing AMCA International President, Michael Barry, President, Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd., was inaugurated as chairman of the board.
• Dr. Geoff Sheard, vice president, Fan Technology, Flaktwoods, Ltd., elected treasurer.
• Patrick A. Cockrum, president, Pottorff, was elected secretary.
• Tim Kilgore, president of Air Control Products Division, Greenheck Fan Corp., was elected director-at-large.
Newly elected to the board of directors are:
• Roberto Arias Alvarez, of ZITRON S.A. Spain
• John Magill, of Howden North America Inc
• Bek Siew Hup, of Azen Manufacturing Pte Ltd Singapore
Board Members serving a current term are:
• Dane Carey of United Enertech Corp.
• John Knapp of Ruskin Company
• Denis Labelle, of T.A. Morrison & Company, Inc.
• Doug Yamashita of Acme Engineering Manufacturing Corp.
The Air Movement and Control Association International Inc. is a not-for-profit international association for manufacturers of air movement and air control devices - primarily fans, louvers, dampers, air curtains, airflow measurement stations, acoustic attenuators, and other air system components for the industrial, commercial, and residential markets throughout the world.
to Daily News