Entries are still being accepted for a few more days for the Sterling Awards, co-sponsored by AARP and intended to identify the best products for consumers age 50+.
The Sterling Awards will be presented during on Jan. 10, 2012. The awards will be part of the Silver Summit exhibition and conference, which is part of the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas.
The deadline for submissions is Oct. 21, 2011. Winners will be notified the week of Nov. 21, 2011.
Submissions are being accepted for these product categories:
• mobile apps and hardware
• home safety and remote monitoring
• driving software and automotive features
• products that address limited mobility, hearing, or eyesight
• interactive games and web sites that enhance inter-generational communication and learning
• health and wellness tools
• products with a social responsibility element
The sponsors said the more than 100 million "Boomers and Silvers" group controls more than $2.3 trillion in purchasing power.
Entries can be submitted at:
to Daily News