The National Restaurant Association is calling on foodservice equipment manufacturers to apply for its 2012 Kitchen Innovations Awards.
The deadline to apply for the 2012 Kitchen Innovations Awards is Dec. 21, 2011. Award recipients will be announced in February. Companies interested in applying or receiving more information should visit www.restaurant.org/show.
The winners will be selected by an independent panel and will represent the most groundbreaking equipment on the market for cutting cots and improving productivity and food quality in restaurant operations. Winners will be featured in the Kitchen Innovations Pavilion at the 2012 National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show, which will be held May 5-8 at Chicago’s McCormick Place.
Dates for the 2012 show were moved to avoid conflicting with the Global G8 and NATO Summit, set for May 15-22, 2012 in Chicago.
“Our previous Kitchen Innovations Award recipients have gained recognition as industry-leading manufacturers of foodservice equipment that significantly helps restaurant operator profitability and efficiency, so we are excited to see this year’s award submissions,” said David Gilbert, COO of the National Restaurant Association. “Product innovation is an important driver toward restaurant sales growth and cost management. By identifying back-of-the-house equipment that is truly cutting edge, we hope to help the nation’s nearly one million restaurants grow and succeed.”
New to the judging panel for the 2012 competition is Jim Krueger, Jr., chief F&B research and development, Headquarters, of the Air Force Services Agency HQ AFSVA.
Krueger will be joining other notable panelists including:
• Dan Bendall, principal, FoodStrategy, Inc.
• Martin Cowley, senior manager design and standards, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
• William Eaton, chairman Cini-Little International
• Robert Forrester, principal, Restaurant Industry Solutions
• Foster F. Frable Jr., founding partner, Clevenger Frable LaVallee
• Aaron LaMotte, director, Sodexo Performance Interiors
• Robert Marshall, vice president, U.S. operations, McDonald's Corporation
• Kathleen H. Seelye, managing partner, Ricca Newmark Design
to Daily News