David Morden, Morden National Sales & Marketing Inc., was named chair of the Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) Manufacturers Division at their Annual General Meeting, Aug. 26, 2011 in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.
Morden has served on the HRAI Manufacturers Board of Directors since 2005 and he chaired the divisions’ Heating & Air Conditioning Product Section from 2009 to 2010.
As one of his first acts as chairman, Morden presented the HRAI Manufacturers Distinguished Service Award to Andre Patenaude of Emerson Climate Technologies Canada during the Divisions’ Annual General Meeting. Patenaude was honored for his dedication and commitment to the division and the Canadian industry.
During the meeting, members also offered special thanks and recognized retiring Director Scott Stevens of Broan-Nutone-Venmar for his commitment to the HRAI Manufacturers Division.
The HRAI board of directors elected for 2011-2012 are:
• David Morden, (Chair), Morden National Sales Marketing Inc., Wallaceburg, ON
• Rusty Jennings (Past Chair), Carrier Canada Ltd., Mississauga, ON
• Jim Flowers (Vice Chair & Refrigeration Product Section Chair), Linde Canada, Aurora, ON
• Rick Ellul (Secretary/Treasurer & Controls Product Section Chair), Belimo Americas, Mississauga, ON
• Glenn Curtis (Indoor Air Quality Product Section Chair), Continental Fan/Aeroflo, Mississauga, ON
• Jim Garrett (Controls Product Section Vice Chair), Taco (Canada) Ltd., Milton, ON
• Dennis Kozina (Refrigeration Product Section Vice Chair), Emerson Climate Technologies Canada, Brantford, ON
• Dave McPherson (Heating & Air Conditioning Product Section Chair), Rheem Canada Ltd., Brampton, ON
• Norm Mierkalns (Heating & Air Conditioning Product Section Vice Chair), LG Electronics Canada Inc., Mississauga, ON
to Daily News