Business equipment retailer Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL, U.S.), restructured its North American operations and named Kevin Peters president, North America. This is a new position combining the chain's previous North American Retail (NAR) and North American Business Solutions (BSD) divisions. Peters, previously served as president, North American Retail, and will continue to report to Chairman and CEO Neil Austrian.
Peters will be responsible for all customer-facing sales channels (retail, contract, direct, and E-commerce) in North America.
"For the first time, we are consolidating all of our North American operations under one leader, allowing us to break down silos, increase our productivity and improve the execution of our key initiatives," Austrian said. "We are confident that this approach will help us to better serve our business customers and consumers."
Office Depot also announced several other changes:
• Bob Moore was named executive vice president and chief marketing officer
• Farla Efros was named interim head of merchandising
• Michael Allison was promoted to executive vice president, human resources, following the retirement of Daisy Vanderlinde
• Monica Luechtefeld, executive vice president, E-commerce and direct marketing, is retiring but will remain with the company as a consultant
• Barry Litwin, will be vice president, E-commerce
• Christine Buscarino will be vice president, direct and customer marketing
• Steve Schmidt, previously, president, BSD, was named executive vice president, corporate strategy and new business development
to Daily News