Economic activity in the overall manufacturing sector expanded in June for the 23rd consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 25th consecutive month, according to supply executives surveyed for the Manufacturing ISM Report On Business. The Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components manufacturing sector was one of the 12 manufacturing sectors (out of 18 total) that showed June growth in the ISM report.
ISM quoted one member of the Appliance segment reporting a "Slight slowdown in overall business in both domestic and international markets, although still above 2010 at the same time."
Of the 18 manufacturing industries surveyed, the 12 reporting growth in June were:
• Miscellaneous Manufacturing
• Printing & Related Support Activities
• Computer & Electronic Products
• Paper Products
• Textile Mills
• Petroleum & Coal Products
• Nonmetallic Mineral Products
• Transportation Equipment
• Chemical Products
• Fabricated Metal Products
• Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components
The five industries reporting contraction in June are:
• Plastics & Rubber Products
• Apparel, Leather & Allied Products
• Primary Metals
• Wood Products
• Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products
Furniture & Related Products reported no change.
to Daily News