HVAC maker Hitachi, Ltd., based in Tokyo, reported damage to buildings and production facilities, particularly its manufacturing facilitates in Ibaraki prefecture as a result of Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami. Early assessment by Hitachi showed damage to the following facilities:
• Hitachi Appliances, Inc., Taga
• Hitachi, Ltd. Power Systems Company, Hitachi Works
• Hitachi, Ltd. Urban Planning and Development Systems Company, Mito Works
• Hitachi, Ltd. Information & Control Systems Company, Omika Works
• Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Sawa Works
• Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd., Fukushima Works
Hitachi's earliest report did not yet have status updates on the affect of the earthquake on its employees.
The day of the earthquake, March 11, Hitachi established an Emergency Headquarters for Response to Large-scale Earthquake at its head office Tokyo. Company President Nakanishi will lead the response effort and will manage activities aimed at providing support to affected regions and customers; gathering information on losses and damages suffered by employees and their families, and by Hitachi's various bases of operations; and investigate and implement supportive measures.
to Daily News