Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components was one of the 11 manufacturing industries reporting growth in August, according to U.S. supply executives surveyed for the latest Manufacturing ISM Report On Business.
The Institute for Supply Management report showed economic activity in the manufacturing sector expanded in August for the 13th consecutive month, and the overall economy grew for the 16th consecutive month. Of the 18 manufacturing industries included in the survey, 11 reported growth in August. The 11 reported growth in the following order:
• Primary Metals
• Apparel, Leather & Allied Products
• Transportation Equipment
• Fabricated Metal Products
• Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components
• Miscellaneous Manufacturing
• Computer & Electronic Products
• Paper Products
• Chemical Products
• Food, Beverage & Tobacco Products
• Printing & Related Support Activities.
The five industries reporting contraction in August are:
• Furniture & Related Products
• Petroleum & Coal Products
• Nonmetallic Mineral Products
• Plastics & Rubber Products
"Manufacturing activity continued at a very positive rate in August as the PMI rose slightly when compared to July," said Norbert J. Ore, CPSM, C.P.M., chair of the ISM Manufacturing Business Survey Committee.
to Daily News