The International Journal of Consumer Studies issued a call for papers for a special issue on Household Technology and Sustainability, scheduled to run in March 2011.
The Journal is published six times a year for academics, policy makers, and lay people around the world who are interested in consumer affairs. It publishes studies of interest to an international audience and at the leading edge of consumer research throughout the world. The scope of the journal includes:
• consumer sciences and their application
• consumer policy
• consumer education
Topics covered by the Journal include:
• Consumer Protection: empowerment and entitlement, safety, standards, economic security
• Consumer Behavior: goods and services, business and marketing practices, retailing
• The Consumer Ecosystem: globalization, sustainability, technology, ethical consumption, gender issues and citizenship
• Family and Household Studies: quality of life, food and nutrition, textiles and clothing, shelter, health, and well being
Interested authors should send an expression of interest and an outline of the proposed paper by June 30, 2010. Finished manuscripts will be due Sept. 15th 2010.
Send materials to guest editors, Rebecca Lovingood, Rainer Stamminger, and Christiane Pakula at:
More information about the Journal is at:
to Daily News