Molex Inc., supplier of interconnection products for appliance and other industries, received the Earth Flag award from SCARCE (School & Community Assistance for Recycling & Composting Education), a non-profit organization dedicated to educating the DuPage County, IL, community about conservation and recycling.
The award-winning Earth Flag Certification Program was developed by SCARCE to help businesses become more environmentally responsible. The DuPage County Board presented Molex with the Earth Flag at the county’s Wheaton facility.
“This recognition underscores the emphasis Molex has placed on being an outstanding corporate citizen,” said Mike Lepore, manager, facilities, security and safety, Molex. “In addition to taking part in local activities such as the SCARCE program, Molex has a longstanding global initiative called Ecocare, which is a company-wide commitment to minimize the environmental, occupational health and safety impacts of our business activities, products and services.”
SCARCE selected Molex’s Lisle facility to receive the award because of its commitment to;
• Formation of a recycling committee that is implementing waste recycling and paper-use reduction programs throughout Molex.
• Initiation of a collection program allowing employees to bring items from home for recycling, including gym shoes, batteries, electronics, and cell phones.
• An ongoing Adopt-A-Road clean-up program.
• Installation of biodegradable hand towels and cleaning products in all Molex facilities in DuPage County.
• Online training of 75% of Molex employees in the company's sustainability practices, as well as making the training part of new employee orientation.
• Earth Day activities that include a week-long, company-wide focus on education and awareness.
to Daily News