The U.S.-based Air Movement and Control Association International, Inc. (AMCA International) held its annual European Region April 12-14, 2010, at CETIAT, in Lyon, France.
In addition to the regular meeting for AMCA’s European Region Members there was a special presentation by Guido de Wilt and Martijn van Elburg of the European Commission DG Energy and Transport. The presenters spoke to both association members and invited non-member fan manufacturers about Impending Ecodesign Regulation for Fans. The meeting attracted industry representatives from France, the UK, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy Korea, Denmark, Sweden, and the Ukraine. AMCA reported that the meeting's 38 attendees questioned the presenters for over 5 hours.
• Ecodesign Directive 2009/125/EC (former 2005/32/EC)
• Energy Labeling Directive 92/75/EEC (Commission proposal for recast of 13.11.2008, currently in EP and Council, trilogue compromise reached)
• Energy Star program for office equipment
• Ecolabel Regulation (EC) No 1980/2000 (voluntary endorsement label for top performers)
• Energy performance of Buildings Directive 2002/91/EC (Commission proposal for recast of 13.11.2008, currently in EP and Council)
• End use energy efficiency and energy services directive 2006/32/EC
The presentation can be viewed at www.amca.org.
to Daily News