The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) announced that key government officials and global industry executives will participate on an Advisory Council for the International CES Technology and Emerging Countries (TEC) Program. The TEC Program will once again anchor the global policy dialogue at the 2009 International CES, which is Jan. 8-11, 2009, in Las Vegas.
The TEC Advisory Council is comprised of past TEC program participants and speakers, including:
- Dr. David Foster, General Manager, Development, Unlimited Potential Group, Microsoft Corp.
- Dr. Paul E. Jacobs, CEO, Qualcomm
- His Excellency Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda
- Paul Meyer, Co-Founder, Chairman & President, Voxiva
- Nicholas Negroponte, Founder, One Laptop Per Child Project and MIT Media Lab
- Eric Nonacs, Managing Director for Global Affairs, Endeavour Financial Ltd.
- Dan Shine, Vice President, 50x15 Initiative, AMD, and President, 50x15 Foundation
- William Swope, Vice President and General Manager, Corporate Affairs Group, Intel Corp.
- Tae Yoo, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Cisco.
Members of the Advisory Council will provide input for the 2009 Technology and Emerging Countries Program including recommendations for panel topics, identification of cutting edge technology innovations of note in emerging markets and other partnerships, initiatives, and perspectives in this field.
to Daily News