General Electric is recalling 92,000 built-in combination wall and microwave ovens because they're a fire risk. The company said the door switch can overheat and ignite plastic components in the appliance. Officials said there have been at least 35 fires that have damaged property. The ovens were sold between January 2000 and December 2003 under the Kenmore, GE, and GE Profile brands.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission said the lower thermal oven does not pose a hazard and no injuries have been reported.
GE said consumers should stop using the microwaves immediately and call the company, or call Sears if they have a Kenmore oven.
to Daily News