Function, style, and creativity in consumer electronics are the key motivators behind many gift hunts for the 2007 holiday season, according to retailer OfficeMax.
"This year our customers are looking for gifts that are useful and fun, so they are frequently used and appreciated and not just left to sit on a shelf," said Ryan Vero, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for OfficeMax. "In addition to finding a special gift that is functional and appreciated, style is a key factor in gift selection. While some gifts, such as furniture, are understandably driven by style, even more traditional office supplies, such as paper shredders and organization goods, are becoming more style dependent."
OfficeMax top featured items for the 2007 holiday shopping season include:
- Exclusive HP holiday "bundle" solutions, such as the HP Desktop A6248X and the HP Pavilion Notebook dv6627
- The Casio Exilim EX-Z77 compact digital camera (available in colors blue, pink, silver, or black)
- The Sony Cyber-shot digital camera DSC-W55 (available in colors silver, blue, or pink)
- The Carl Zeiss 3X optical zoom lens
- The Desktop Kodak Easy Share SV811 digital picture frame
- The Microsoft Zune music/video player 2118-4898/2118-4889
- The Sansa WIFI Connect MP3 player
to Daily News