To view the full report, click here.
To view the table of contents, click here.
The HVAC segment generated favorable results in October 2011. Residential gas and electric water heaters, commercial electric and gas water heaters, and oil warm air furnaces realized increased unit shipments compared to October 2010. Commercial electric water heaters had the most positive growth, up 14% year over year. The three categories within the HVAC segment that experienced a decrease in unit shipments were air-source heat pumps, central air-conditioners, and gas warm air furnaces.
Central air-conditioners, air-source heat pumps, and commercial gas and electric water heaters were the categories that generated growth during the first ten months of 2011 when compared to STLY. Central air-conditioners generated the largest growth, up 13%.
Unit shipments during November for the core group of major appliances (washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens) were down when compared to STLY. Unit shipments for freezers decreased the most, falling 14.6%. Gas cooking appliances and automatic washers were close behind, each down over 12% when compared to STLY figures. Dishwasher products accounted for the smallest decrease in unit shipments, down 3.7% over STLY.
Unit shipments during January-November 2011 for the core group of major appliances produced declines as well when compared to STLY. Gas and electric dryers generated the highest decrease, down 7.9%. Microwaves and freezers bucked this downward trend with reported increased shipments of over 1% each.
Ten supplier segments reported price decreases in December including high density polyethylene, natural gas, nickel, and stainless steel.
Inside the December 2011 Edition:
· Unit shipment statistical analysis for year-to-date (YTD), same-time-last-year (STLY), and historical STLY trends
· Expert analysis of market conditions and the outlook for each major appliance category
· Industry review of the top global appliance companies for major/small appliances
· Q&A with Electrolux discussing a company overview for 2012
· OEM activity for December 2011 including Whirlpool, Electrolux, Miele, Gorenje, and Toro
· Manufacturing, retail sales, supplier materials, and consumer spending metrics
· OECD composite leading indicators for October 2011
· Durable goods appliance manufacturer shipments
· Housing market forecast and trend analysis
· Monthly retail sales for November 2011
· Calendar of upcoming industry events
For questions regarding research reports, contact Beth Berner or call 440-209-1478.