Issue: October 2011 ApplianceMagazine.com
Appliance Magazine Market Insight: September 2011
| Printable format
Email this Article
Appliance Magazine Market Insight September 2011 edition provides expert insight and statistical analysis for the appliance industry and its supporting sectors. Market performance data analyzed includes year-to-date, same-time-lat-year (STLY) and historical STLY trends. Receive insight into manufacturing, retail, supplier materials, and consumer reports as well as the global economic outlook for 2011.
Price: $79* Published: October 2011 Format: pdf
*Promotional discounts will be applied at check-out.
To view the full report, click here.
To view the table of contents, click here.
The U.S. manufacturing sector expanded in September for the 26th consecutive month and the economy grew for the 28th consecutive month, according to the latest Manufacturing ISM Report on Business. The appliance manufacturing sector was 1of 9 sectors reporting growth in production.
International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) forecasts 2011's holiday sales at electronic and appliance stores in the United States will be up 4% over 2010 to $23.6 billion. Shopping center sales are expected to increase 2.2% in 2011 when compared to November-December 2010.
Unit shipments for the core group of major appliances (washers, dryers, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, and ovens) were down 4.8% in August 2011 compared to the same period last year. Declines were realized in all but two appliance categories - microwaves, up 8.4%, and dishwashers, up 3.8%. Unit shipments for freezers decreased the most, falling 10.9%.
The HVAC segment reported weak performance for the month of August. Central air-conditioner unit shipments was the only category to increase, up 13.3% over the same period last year. Commercial gas storage water heaters were hit the hardest and dropped 28.3%.
Inside the September 2011 Edition:
• Unit shipment statistical analysis for year-to-date (YTD), same-time-last-year (STLY), and historical STLY trends
• Expert analysis of market conditions and the outlook for each major appliance category
• Q&A with Selim A. Bassoul, Chairman and CEO, Middleby Corp.
• Appliance technology review providing insight into innovations that are influencing appliance design and consumer demand
• OEM activity for September 2011 including Whirlpool, General Electric, Electrolux, and The Toro Co.
• Global economic outlook for 2011
• Manufacturing, retail sales, supplier materials, and consumer spending metrics
• Fisher and GE Capital's research study results analyzing Middle-Market resilience
• Housing market forecast and trend analysis
• Retail sales forecast for the 2011 holiday season
• Calendar of upcoming industry events
For questions regarding research reports, contact Beth Berner or call 440-209-1478. |